Established in 2017, the Foundation’s vision is to provide strong leadership within the medical profession, focused on continuous improvement in safety and reducing risk for both doctors and patients.
The Avant Foundation provides funding to support research, education and leadership programs designed to make a real difference to how medicine is practised – in particular, the systems and processes. We believe this is key to creating sustainable change, enhancing patient care and reducing clinical and medico-legal risks. In this way, Avant and its members can have a meaningful impact on the future of medical practice.
Our funding focus
During 2018, we will prioritise and fund projects that:
- Develop and support leadership capability, especially focused on quality improvement in medicine
- Are in the domains of quality that drive towards a reduction in medico-legal and clinical risk
- Are education initiatives focusing on quality, safety and professionalism such as:
- scholarship programs for education, conference attendance and professional development
- financial support for visiting scholars and keynote speakers
- education developed and delivered by the funding recipient
- Projects, research and education programs on professionalism in medicine
To find out more download our brochure.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, you must be:
- Applying on behalf of an entity with Deductible Gift Recipient status (but not another ancillary fund); or
- An individual medical practitioner registered with the Medical Board of Australia who is an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia. (Applicants do not have to be based in Australia to apply, however, if successful, it is expected that applicants will be based in Australia for the majority of the scholarship period). Medical Students and Doctors in Training are not eligible to apply.
- Expressions of interest: October 2018 - January 2019
- Detailed applications: February - March 2019
- Review of applications: April - May 2019
- Funded projects announced: June 2019
The following are selection criteria for the Avant Foundation Grant:
- The extent to which your project aligns with the Foundation’s priorities
- The quality of your proposed project
- The likelihood of project success and sustainability
- The experience of your team
- Your requested funding amount and the importance of this to your project’s success
The Avant Foundation (ABN 27 179 743 817) is administered by its trustee, Avant Foundation Limited (ACN 618 393 847). The Avant Foundation is a Public Ancillary Fund, endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient.