Established in 2017, the Foundation’s vision is to provide strong leadership within the medical profession, focused on continuous improvement in safety and reducing risk for both doctors and patients.
The Avant Foundation provides funding to support research, education and leadership programs designed to make a real difference to how medicine is practised – in particular, the systems and processes. We believe this is key to creating sustainable change, enhancing patient care and reducing clinical and medico-legal risks. In this way, Avant and its members can have a meaningful impact on the future of medical practice.
Focus areas for 2019
- Initiatives that develop and support leadership capability, especially those focused on quality improvement in medicine
- Academic research in the domains of quality that drive towards a reduction in medico-legal and clinical risk
- Quality improvement initiatives in the clinical setting
- Education initiatives focusing on quality, safety and professionalism
- Projects, research and education programs on professionalism in medicine.
The Foundation may provide funding to:
- Entities in healthcare such as research institutes, hospitals, LHDs and colleges
- Medical practices that hold an Avant Practice Medical Indemnity Policy
- Medical practitioners who hold an indemnity policy with Avant
For complete details, download the full terms and conditions
- Expressions of interest: October 2019 - January 2020
- Detailed applications: February - March 2020
- Review of applications: April - May 2020
- Funded projects announced: June 2020
Stage 1 criteria include:
- Relevance of the project to the Foundation’s objectives
- The project type (e.g. research, education)
- The project topic area (e.g. domains of quality improvement, professionalism)
- The leadership experience of the project team
- Whether it is a new or continuing project
- The design of the project
- How important funding from the Avant Foundation is to the delivery of the project
The Avant Foundation (ABN 27 179 743 817) is administered by its trustee, Avant Foundation Limited (ACN 618 393 847). The Avant Foundation is a Public Ancillary Fund, endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient.