Avant supports doctors at all stages of their careers by providing funding to improve quality, safety and professionalism in the practice of medicine. In doing so, we are supporting those who seek to make a difference to medical practice and the community in Australia. Our current research grants and scholarships include:
- Avant Foundation and other grants
- Avant Early Career Research Program (Formerly Doctor in Training Research Scholarship Program)
- Avant / AAPM Scholarship program for practice managers
Established in 2017, our mission is to invest in research, education and leadership programs that improve quality, safety and professionalism in medicine. We are committed to advancing the future of medical practice by:
- Funding projects that improve quality, safety and professionalism to benefit patients and the community
- Partnering with other healthcare organisations to foster a culture of quality, safety and professionalism
- Supporting programs that reduce medico-legal and clinical risks
- Raising awareness of these funded programs in the medical profession, to increase their overall impact.
We welcome enquiries and applications from healthcare organisations and individuals.
$1.2m in support in 2016/17 for medical colleges, associations, societies, universities and partnerships, supporting doctors at all stages of their career to advance the provision of healthcare
Avant invests in leading medical education and research and advocates through key industry forums with a view to influencing better healthcare and better patient outcomes
Avant supported ‘Australia’s first Roundtable for Emerging Leaders in Patient Safety’ in 2016, allowing thirty young healthcare professionals from Australia to collaborate with local and US experts for an intensive workshop