Avant supports doctors at all stages of their careers by providing funding to improve quality, safety and professionalism in the practice of medicine. In doing so, we are supporting those who seek to make a difference to medical practice and the community in Australia. Our current research grants and awards include:
- Avant Foundation Grants
- Open to entities that are charities within the meaning of the Charities Act 2013 (Cth) that have Deductible Gift Recipients (DGR) status.
- Avant Grants
- Open to medical practices that hold a practice indemnity policy with Avant Insurance Limited, a subscription to PracticeHub or Medical Practitioners who hold a professional indemnity insurance policy with Avant.
- Avant Early Career Research Program (Formerly Doctor in Training Research Scholarship Program)
- Open to interns, resident medical officers and doctors in training that hold a professional indemnity insurance policy with Avant Insurance Limited under the Intern, Resident Medical Officer or Doctor in Training category of practice.
Our mission is to invest in research, education and leadership programs that improve quality, safety and professionalism in medicine. We are committed to advancing the future of medical practice by:
- Funding projects that improve quality, safety and professionalism to benefit patients and the community
- Partnering with other healthcare organisations to foster a culture of quality, safety and professionalism
- Supporting programs that reduce medico-legal and clinical risks
- Raising awareness of these funded programs in the medical profession, to increase their overall impact.
We welcome enquiries and applications from healthcare organisations and individuals.
$1.2m in support in 2016/17 for medical colleges, associations, societies, universities and partnerships, supporting doctors at all stages of their career to advance the provision of healthcare
Avant invests in leading medical education and research and advocates through key industry forums with a view to influencing better healthcare and better patient outcomes
Avant supported ‘Australia’s first Roundtable for Emerging Leaders in Patient Safety’ in 2016, allowing thirty young healthcare professionals from Australia to collaborate with local and US experts for an intensive workshop